Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Always

You catch my face between your palms like a whirlwind of forceful spray. There is no javelin sharper than the way you see through me.
I am not bruised or cut.

I heard you whispering my name, while I played in the weeds and blew dandelion dust. Your hands spilled over with decadent blooms of Grace. I could have buried my face in those blooms. 

So sweet.

I made choices and wondered if my questions merited favor; if I should have asked at all.
Are they too big,
or petty,
or pretend?

While I played in the dandelions, was I still your little girl?

 The pulse of the One holding my face proclaims,
"Always."


"But the Lord God helps me; therefore I have not been disgraced; therefore I have set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be put to shame." Isaiah 50:7

Until next time,
The Carpenter's Daughter

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I saw your blog on blogger.com and started following your blog. You might want to check mine out as well, we seem to have similar interests, God Bless. http://lifebibleverses.com

    ReplyDelete