Monday, June 20, 2011

I Wonder...

He sits on the porch, hammering away. Nails, clumsily digging their way into the heart of the wood.

"Look, Mom. I did this without nailing my hands, or my feet!"


I wonder...

Did Mary hear those words? Did she hear six-year-old Jesus say the very words that I just heard? Did she shudder to think that nails would scar those precious hands and feet? What would she have said to her little guy, hunched proudly over his project...

...working just like his earthly dad?

Beaming with pride, and innocence.

Did she look into his eyes and say, "Good job, Buddy!"

Did she tear up, or hold her eyes steady...

...reassuring.

This mom wonders...



Thank you, Daddy, for taking those nails for me. I never have to wonder where my security is fastened.

Instead,

I wonder...

...in the majesty of Your GRACE.


Luke 2:19
"But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart."


Isaiah 53:5
"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed."

Until Next Time,

The Carpenter's Daughter

0 comments:

Post a Comment