Sunday, March 27, 2011

Welcome to the Carpenter's Shop (originally posted June 2010)

Welcome!

My name is Layla Payton, and I am: "The Carpenter’s Daughter." This is my very first post, and I would like to start out by telling you why I call myself this. Actually, I would like to point you to the following song. This is where I found the inspiration for my blog title (I can still remember singing it in Sunday school/VBS):

HE’S STILL WORKING ON ME
By: Joel Hemphill

CHORUS:
He’s still working on me to make me what I ought to be.
It took Him just a week to make the moon and stars,
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars.
How loving and patient He must be, He’s still working on me.
1. There really ought to be a sign upon the heart,
Don’t judge her yet, there’s an unfinished part.
But I’ll be perfect just according to His plan
Fashioned by the Master’s loving hands.
CHORUS:
He’s still working on me to make me what I ought to be.
It took Him just a week to make the moon and stars,
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars.
How loving and patient He must be, He’s still working on me.
2. In the mirror of His Word reflections that I see
Make me wonder why He never gave up on me.
He loves me as I am and helps me when I pray
Remember He’s the Potter, I’m the clay.

This is the verse that keeps my eyes on the One who will never leave me, or let me down:

“Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”  ~Philippians 1:6~

I feel that this simple post will be enough for today. Please let the song and the verse sink into your hearts. We are all called to be fashioned by the Master’s loving hands. What an honor. What a source of joy.


Until next time,

The Carpenter’s Daughter

4 comments:

  1. Just read your message on The Homeschool Lounge, thought I would come by for a visit. Your new site looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shawntele

    Thank you so much for taking the time to check it out! I am really excited that you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw your message on Homeschool Lounge. Really pretty design on your site!!!

    New follower now, if you get a chance, check out our excitement and mayheim.
    www.krazykuehnerdays.com

    Have a great week
    Renita

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MommyKuehner

    Oh, I so appreciate the feedback. I am glad you like my new "look." :) I would love to check out your excitement and mayhem.

    ReplyDelete