Saturday, January 15, 2011

Why Do I Fall?

Why do I fall at His feet?

Why do I wait until I am so tired, worn, rugged, and burnt out? What brings me to this place?

There is presumed comfort in so many things...

...but they hold no Grace...

...no real comfort.

So I fall.

I fall because He catches me. He sustains me. My feet slip often. His love is like sandals on my feet. He puts a grip in my step, so I don't continue stumbling. He sustains. He alone sustains. Why do I so often follow the wrong path, or doubt the direction that He points me towards? I know that at some point, I am going to have to turn around and meet Him...

...I want to meet Him.

He is unmoving, always waiting for me. I moved. He never took a step.

My place in His presence,

This sacred place...

He alone can offer.

Just me. Just Him.

Why do I fall?

Because I know that I can let go of whatever has me in its grip...

...I know that He will catch me...

...not because I deserve it, but because He walked this Earth to save me from this wayward path. That wretched, ugly, twisted path that never overcomes. The rocks, the crevices, the ditches, the cliffs, they hold no power over me! They may leave scars, but they never prevail.

I am His.

He sustains. He redeems.

I forever fall ONLY at His feet.

I fall in awe...may I never get back up.

"Mary therefore took a pound of expensive ointment made from pure nard, and anointed the feet of Jesus and wiped his feet with her hair. The house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume." (John 12:3)

 

Until next time,

The Carpenter's Daughter

0 comments:

Post a Comment